Sunday, March 24, 2013

Christmas 2013

This holiday was bittersweet, for obvious reasons. I love Christmas. I love that the family gets together to play and enjoy each other. I love seeing the joy on the kids’ faces Christmas morning. And it was the first time Niko understood the presents (and figured out the Santa part quickly). But two very important people were physically missing from our celebration this year. McKinley and Nathan. Nathan will be here for the next one, but we were supposed to have two little babies to love on this Christmas so it was sad too.

My older sister Jenise was here with her whole family so Christmas morning was as chaotic as it could and should be Smile They showed Niko how to do Christmas right. Santa brought Niko and Gemma each on of these. Technically the green one is Niko’s and the yellow is Gemma’s but for now Niko just rides whichever one he feels like. He also received a huge amount of hand me down train tracks and trains (which we really need an awesome table for, my husband says he’ll build one, but we’ll see) and a tee-ball set (and he swings the bat holding the barrel, cute for now) a truck that is put together and taken apart and a tool set since he always wants the real ones (and he still does).

Nathan and I have some gift cards for dinner when he gets home and some money to buy a nice toy (probably a photography one since the IPad was my early present).

I wish I had my pictures! And I could go get them off my mom’s computer but that would just waste the temporary CDs. plus, I’m a little lazy!

So, Christmas in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment