Then we had Christmas, but I have no pictures. It was the first Christmas I spent without my parents or my little sister :( but Jenise was here with her family so Grandma and I went over to mom's house to watch my nieces and nephews open their presents. And Trevor was there too. It is so fun to watch the little ones open their gifts! They are so excited about every single one of their presents and they remember to say thank you which is adorable!
Then January came....the month I had been waiting for since we found out I was pregnant. Nathan surprised me and showed up knocking on the door three days earlier than he told me his leave started, so that was awesome! We had a whole week together before the baby was due to arrive. We went and bought a play n pack and some other things to finish getting ready for the little guy and I really enjoyed just being with him :)
January 5th I had my last pre-natal appointment and of course Nathan got to be there (it was the third time he was able to come with me) and that alone was exciting. The doctor said we could start the induction at midnight (just so we weren't charged for a full day) and so we called to see if there was room. There was! I showered and we headed to St. Vincent hospital. I got all checked in and hooked up to machines then the fun started! They gave me cytotec at about 1:30 in the morning and then gave me ambien...so I slept a little :) They did a second dose of that and I actually went into active labor. I don't know what time I asked for the epidural, but I made it to 5 cm and my goal was six so I was fairly happy with that. And I was really happy after it kicked in! Nathan had to hold me so I didn't move and mess it or me up and he did an awesome job...and in return I didn't kick him :)
Time meant nothing most of the day, but after the epidural they started pitocin and about 4 pm the nurse thought we could try pushing. It was definitely time so mom woke Nathan up (he fell asleep on the hardwood floor :) ) and got the show on the road. Nathan did well during delivery and my mom was there to help too.
Niko Lewis Grill was born at 16:36 on January 6th, 2011. He was 9 lbs 9oz and 22 inches long. He had lots of cameras on him through his first bath and first diaper change (which Nathan took care of beautifully!) The nurse was nervous with the bath with so many people and cameras on her. Speaking of...I had met both the nurses before. The main nurse gave use the tour of the floor on January 3rd and we told her we would be there to induce on the sixth and so she called dibs when she got to work that day. The nurse that helped a lot I had classes with at MSU-B. They were both awesome and so nice!
Niko's feet were so long they didn't fit in the little box they put prints in! His left foot had heels and toes outside the box!!!
My last pregnancy picture 39 wks 4 days
A maternity picture with Daddy
Niko is born :)
A not so little boy!
Proud Daddy and so happy he was able to be there!
The awesome doctor and nurses:
Joy, Nathan, Niko, me, Dr. Neuhoff, Becky
We're so glad that Niko is finally here and now we are just counting the days until Daddy comes home and trying to keep busy until then!





No comments:
Post a Comment