Be warned, I am very tired so this may not make sense and I will probably forget many things.
We started out our Thanksgiving fun by finding out something was wrong with the furnace. Our house was stuck at 65 degrees and it was so cold to get out of bed in the mornings. So grandma tried to start a fire...and dad finished it for us. The dogs have never seen a fire in the fireplace and they were very interested in what was going on.
Then on Sunday we found out that two of my cousins rolled their vehicle on the way here. They were fine and lost only the car and a cell phone. Plus, it was only a mile outside of Columbus so my mom and dad were able to drive over and pick them up.
My older sister was also on her way here and fishtailed her car into a guard rail. Everyone is good, but the back hatch on the car does not work. Which was way fun for her when she had to unload all the stuff and her kids through the doors, fun stuff!
The same night I dropped my car off to get fixed finally. I'm very excited to finally have it back and in it's perfect condition :) Then Monday the furnace was fixed!
Wednesday was the day we baked 14 pies (that was about a pie per person) and a whole bunch of rolls. It was awesome to have my sister and cousins here to help though. It is normally an all day process, this year it took about three hours excluding actual baking time since there is no way to hurry that along. Oh and Kaitlyn and Adam drove up from school with no wrecking of vehicles or anything!
Thanksgiving! Lots of food, games and fun! Everything was delicious and we had an awesome time.
This is probably my favorite picture from the day. The two little dogs insisted on both being on my lap the whole time we were playing games, but I got tired of sitting in such a way that created a lap. So I put Daisy on my belly and then Avarie wanted to say hi to baby (which she does all the time and is just so adorable!)
The rest of the week is blurred, actually it all is blurred because it's six in the evening and I think I could go to sleep now if I wasn't baby-sittting. But we had my younger sister's bridal shower on Friday so that was fun. Adam was watching the little ones and Aiden threw up on the couch...how fun for him:) He's a good sport!
They called to tell me my car was done, but I wasn't able to get there before they closed and then some Wii was probably played and invites assembled. I don't really know. Those things happened I'm just not sure all when :) Saturday Grandma took everyone (except mom and Trevor because they were sick) to Olive Garden and then we went to TJMaxx. Then Jeni and I did some other shopping. Then half the chaos left on Sunday to go back to school. The other half is just staying through Christmas!
Now we are busy getting ready for Kaitie's wedding in 3 weeks and then the baby 3 weeks(ish) after that! Busy busy busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment